August 5, 2021 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 21V613000
Tires that are inflated to the incorrect pressure could lead to a loss of vehicle stability and control, increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V613
Manufacturer Maserati North America, Inc.
Components TIRES, EQUIPMENT
Potential Number of Units Affected 125
Maserati North America, Inc. (Maserati) is recalling certain 2021 Quattroporte Trofeo and Ghibli Trofeo vehicles equipped with optional 21-inch tires. The tire placard may have incorrect tire pressure information. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 110, “Tire Selection and Rims.”
Dealers will replace the placard and update the tire pressure monitoring system, free of charge. Owner notification letters were mailed September 10, 2021. Owners may contact Maserati customer service at 1-877-696-2737. Maserati’s number for this recall is 432.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
Recall Campaign # 432 – U.S.
NOTE: Before starting this procedure, you MUST read these instructions carefully and completely.
MASERATI SAFETY RECALL NOTIFICATION
PERFORM THE PROCEDURE OUTLINED IN THIS TECHNICAL BULLETIN ON ALL AFFECTED VEHICLES BEFORE CUSTOMER DELIVERY OR THE NEXT TIME THE CAR IS IN THE SHOP FOR MAINTENANCE OR REPAIRS.
Maserati S.p.A. and MNA have determined that the above-described vehicles were manufactured with certain optional 21 inch tires (OPT 6H6 & 1LS) and may have incorrect inflation pressure indicated on the tire placard for the maximum load capacity per axle.
Maserati S.p.A. and MNA have determined that the above described vehicles were manufactured with a tire label that lists the incorrect pressures for the optional 21 inch tires. Out of an abundance of caution, Maserati has decided to initiate this Voluntary Safety Recall #432 to replace the Tire Pressure Label (Fig.1) with a new Label that has the correct pressures listed and to update the “Vehicle Configuration” file to correct the TPMS thresholds in the Instrument cluster with the new values.
The remedy is to replace the placard (Fig.1) with the corrected labels and update the Tire Pressure Monitoring System on the affected vehicles. The remedy will be performed free of charge to the vehicle owner. MNA will pay you for the costs and labor necessary to remedy this recall campaign. The necessary components for this recall are currently available to dealers, and owners will be directed to contact their dealers for repairs.
This repair procedure will be performed free of charge to the customer.
Which Vehicles Are Affected
Please refer to the VIN List in ModisCS+ and attached at the end of this bulletin for the affected vehicles in the U.S. and Canada.
Vehicle Remedy Information
1. Check that the vehicle is included in this Recall Campaign, and that the repair has not been previously performed.
2. Locate the Tire pressure label inside the driver’s door opening, see Fig.1.
– Remove the label.
NOTE: You can also use a heat gun to remove the label (not mandatory).
3. Carefully clean the application area.
4. Attach the new label in the same position.
5. Write the new “Vehicle Configuration” using the Maserati Diagnosi.
6. The recall procedure is now complete.
US and Canada
NHTSA / Transport Canada
Replace placards and update TPMS
Approximately 0.50 hour
125 U.S. and 13 Canadian vehicles
None reportedCustomer Contact:Customers will be notified by first class mail.
Q1. Which models are affected by this recall?
Q2. Why are other models not affected?
Q3. How many vehicles in North America are affected?
There are a total of 125 U.S. vehicles and 13 Canadian vehicles potentially affected.
Q4. What is the specific problem?
Q5. What can happen?
Failure to inflate tires to the appropriate pressure when the vehicle is fully loaded could result in unexpected handling characteristics or sudden air pressure loss which could cause a vehicle crash without prior warning.
Q6. Can the driver become aware of the problem?
No and there is no warning available on the cluster.
Q6a. What should I do if I notice this condition in my vehicle?
Bring your vehicle to the nearest authorized Maserati dealership. The recall will be performed free of charge.
Q7. What corrective measures will be taken?
The placard label will be replaced and the TPMS values in vehicle configuration will be updated.
Q8. How did Maserati become aware of the problem?
The misalignment on the Trofeo version was identified during 2022 MY containment release checks. At this point it was determined that all 2021 MY were included.
Q9. Is Maserati aware of any accidents or injuries associated with the recall?
Maserati is not aware of any accidents or injuries related to this recall.
Q10. Can customers continue to drive their cars?
Yes, but we recommend that you take your car to the nearest dealer as soon as possible to have the recall performed.
Q11. How will customers be informed of the recall?
Customers will be notified by first class mail. Customers can also check their VIN using the recall lookup feature in Maserati’s website under Tools and Services:
Q12. How will the recall be performed?
Q13. How long will the repair take?
To replace the placards and update the TPMS values, approximately 0.5 hour.
Your dealer will require your vehicle for proper check-in, preparation, and check out during your visit, which may require additional time.
Q14. How many vehicles have experienced this problem?
To date, no issues have been reported in North America.
Q15. When will I receive my owner notification letter?
Within 60 Days. If a customer provides a VIN to MNA Customer Service, the need for a recall can be confirmed. Customers can also use the VIN recall lookup feature in Maserati’s website under Tools and Services:
https://www.maseratiusa.com/maserati/us/en/shopping- tools/recall-by-vin .
Q16. Do I have to wait for my recall letter in order to have my recall performed?
No, you can call the authorized Maserati dealership and they will advise you when to make the repair. Alternatively, we (Customer Care) can conference you into your dealership to make the appointment now.
Q17. Is it safe to drive my vehicle?
Yes, but we recommend that you take your car to the nearest dealer as soon as possible to have the recall performed.
Q18. When did the factory make the change that is causing the recall?
The factory made the change during the start of 2021 MY production.
Q19. How do I know that my car is affected by this recall?
A dealer can verify via VIN and individual inspection. Customers can also use the VIN recall lookup feature in Maserati’s website under Tools and Services.
No. We are voluntarily recalling the affected vehicles.
Q21. Who is the supplier?
We don’t discuss supplier relationships in this context.
2 Affected Products
9 Associated Documents
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2021-4RCLQRT-21V613-6772
Noncompliance Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-21V613-5785
Remedy Instructions and TSBRCRIT-21V613-3627
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- Final US Dealer Letter for Campaign 432RCMN-21V613-8883
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)RCONL-21V613-3857
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2022-1RCLQRT-21V613-2615
Latest Recalls Documents
- 【Place on Windowshield or Center Console】The tire pressure monitor can be placed on the windshield ,you don't need look down when driving, it doesn't block your vision and save space,which offer you a safer way to view on tire pressure monitor
- 【6 Types of Alarm Methods and Real-Time Detection】Fast air leakage alarm, slow air leakage alarm, high pressure alarm and high temperature alarm, sensor failure alarm and sensor low battery alarm. With wireless transmission technology, the TPMS tire pressure monitor system can provide visual and audible alarms when tire pressure and temperature are abnormal. Remind you of the tire condition of the vehicle to extend tire life and ensure driver safety.
- 【Solar and USB Charging】Two charging methods ensure higher charging efficiency, do not occupy the car cigarette lighter socket to ensure that solar tire pressure monitor system can work continuously, and built-in rechargeable imported lithium battery, strong battery life.
- 【Digital Screen】The car tire monitor have LCD wide-angle digital screen with bright backlight and clear data, whether it is day or night, you can easily read data, pressure and temperature data can be switched (pressure unit is PSI / Bar and temperature unit is C/F.The pressure range is 1.5- 6.0 Bar / 22- 87Psi
- 【Wide Compatibility and Easy to install】Applicable to all models-suitable for tire pressure ranges of less than 6 Bar, such as cars, SUV, MPV ,Sedan, Wagon, RV etc. The wireless installation and signal receiving make it easy to use and the 4 waterproof external sensors can be installed in 5 minutes,no need to disassemble your tires,It takes a few minutes to display tyre's pressure and temperature after installation.And we offer 1 year warranty, feel free to contact us for any questions
- 【2022 For GM TIRE TPMS RELEARN TOOL】Works on most GM (Chevy / Buick / GMC / Opel /Cadillac etc)equipped with 315/433 MHz , Please check the last picture with exact car model. More car models will be updated after being tested!【Please comfirm VXDAS brand LOGO, without LOGO are FAKE, and not sure the quality】
- 【ESSENTIAL VEHICLE TOOL】Tire Reset Activate Easily within 1-2 Mins, after tire rotations or change a new tire, Remote Control Door Lock Receiver Module replacement or Tire Pressure Sensor replacement.
- 【EASY TO USE】tpms reset tool can help you reprogram all tires much easier just with 3 steps. Ensure that the vehicle is in the TPMS Learn Mode, and follow the service procedure. Hold tool against the sidewall of the tire, near the valve stem. Depress Learn button while holding the tool against the tire sidewall.
- 【SAVE TIME& MONEY】Tire pressure monitor sensor activation tool is simple and fast ,activates the individual TPM sensor with the press of one button easily within 1-2 Mins.Save your almost 20-80$,.Much better than going to the dealer or a tire store just to get your pressure sensors reset.
- 【FRIENDLY TIPS】: 1.Make sure to hold the battery in place ,or it will not work (if you have a Excessive Installation problem about the battery,please Press down on the battery contact) 2. When using tpms relearn tool , please make sure antenna in correct position 3.9V battery should be in good condition, 4.When activation of a tire is finished,sometimes the horn or flashing will feedback.
- ►【TPMS RESET TOOL ONLY FOR GM】VXSCAN TPMS Relearn Tool is a essential tool with tire pressure monitoring system, it can make tire pressure matching with vehicles when replacement tire pressure sensor, tire pressure alarm remove or exchange tires. Bring you safety and security.
- ►【ACTIVATE TPMS】When you inflate the tires of the vehicle, your tire pressure parameters will change and the vehicle will prompt that TPMS needs to be activated. At this time, you can use the VXSCAN TPMS tire relearn tool to activate and troubleshoot to ensure the normal operation of the vehicle.
- ►【EASY TO USE TPMS MONITOR SENSOR TOOL】You can finish activated independently within 3—5 minutes. Save your time and money, much better than going to a dealer or tire storage just to reset the pressure sensor.
- ►【SUITABLE SCOPE FOR VEHICLES】 Please check your car model whether it can work with VXSCAN tool in the fourth picture. We have listed a chat about the suitable scope for vehicles. TPMS tire pressure sensor on models in & after 2012 can be read, only with some specified diagnostic scan tools.
- ►【ONLY 3 STEPS】VXSCAN tpms reset tool can help you program all tires easier with 3 steps. Works on most general motors (For Chevy/Buick/GMC/Opel/Cadillac etc)equipped with 315/433 MHz.
- 🚙【Real-Time Display + Multiple Alarms】VESAFE TPMS with LCD screen displays accurate real-time pressure or temperature of 4 tires at the same time. The visual warning light and an audible alarm sound will be triggered immediately when abnormal conditions occur. The alert values are adjustable as per your needs (default 29-44PSI).
- 🚙【Space-Saving with Cigarette Plug】Powered by its cigarette lighter plug, the TPMS is low power consumption and takes very little space in your car. Simply plug and mount the external tire pressure sensors so you can keep an eye on your tires’ conditions for safe driving.
- 🚙【Waterproof & Long Lifespan】This TPMS comes with 4 advanced external tire pressure sensors. Each pressure sensor is mini-sized (9gram), anti-theft, waterproof, and durable with a battery life up to 2 years. The batteries (CR1632) are replaceable once used up.
- 🚙【Universal & Easy to Install】This tire pressure monitor system is universal for most 4-tire cars, especially old cars without TPMS, or for DIY. Simply mount the sensor onto the valve of the tire as per labeled (RR, RF, LF, LR)，the sensors are already programmed, no need to program during the installation.
- 🚙【Important Notice & Tips】1) This TPMS is not suitable for motorhomes, campers, caravans, or trailers. 2) Add the option to turn off the display if the vehicle stops without power off. 3) An 18-Month Warranty is guaranteed by VESAFE. Please contact us for support, replacement or any other problems.
- Designed for F150 series vehicles: TPMS Relearn Tool - Tire Pressure Sensor Programming Activation for F150 series vehicles-Car/SUV/Pickup/Light truck.
- Replacement for P/N: 8C2Z1A203A, 8C2Z-1A203-A, 8C2T-1A203-AB,TPMS19.
- Compatibility: Can be used on any F150, Mazda, Lincoln, Mercury vehicles that have a Tire Pressure Sensor system. Please see the latest vehicle model in the product description.
- Wide applications: Use this TPMS reset tool to train tire sensors. Such as winter and summer tire exchanging, tire sensor damage, turning off the TPMS warning light,etc.
- Super mini TPMS tool: Portable and waterproof F150 TPMS reset tool, you can put it anywhere, in your pocket or in a tool box. Very convenient and easy to use.
- 2IN1 TPMS RESET TOOL: JDIAG tpms relearn tool works on both GM and Ford Series vehicles Including Opel, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, GM, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda, F150, F250, Focus, Fusion, etc.
- COMPATIBLE: GM tpms relearn tool supports the vehicles with the original tire pressure monitoring system, which can enter the TPMS learning mode and 4 tires' pressure digital display based on 315/433Mhz. More than 4 tires of heavy trucks are not compatible; the external TPMS system is not supported.
- ESSENTIAL TOOL: Need to use this tire pressure relearn tool after doing tire rotation, replacement tire pressure sensors, tire pressure alarm light removal, or exchanging summer & winter tires.
- FRIENDLY: Simple and fast response tire reset tool awakens the individual TPMS sensor easily by pressing the power button within 1 Min. Turn off the tire pressure light by yourself and save $50-100 each time instead of going to dealers. [9V battery is not included and please make sure to use a brand new 9V battery, the magnitude of the battery voltage affects the signal strength of the product]
- RELIABLE: JDIAG Super EL50448 tpms sensor tool is widely chosen by car owners and it is the reliable TPMS activation tool trusted by professional mechanics, developed and supported by professional engineers.
- For Ford F-150 F-250 F-350 F-450 F-550 Super Duty Mustang 2008-2016
- For Ford E-150 E-250 E-350 E-450 Econoline Vans & Fiesta & Focus & Fusion 2008-2016
- For Lincoln MKX MKT MKZ & MKS & Navigator; 2006-2010 Mercury Mountaineer & Monterey 2008-2016
- For Mercury Mariner & Grand Marquis & Milan 2006-2011
- 【2022 UPDATED EL50448】EL50448 TPMS relearn tool is an essential tool of replacement tire pressure sensor, tire pressure alarm remove or exchange tires. The upgraded EL50448 is more energy-saving, it is faster, stronger and more sensitive than other TPMS Relearn Tool.
- 【WIDE VEHICLE COVERAGE】Works on most GM Vehicles (Chevy / Buick / GMC / Opel / Cadillac etc., from 2006-2022, Cars, SUV, Pickup) equipped with 315 or 433 MHz Tire Pressure Monitor system (TPMS) sensor.
- 【EASY TO USE】EL50448 can help you reset all tires much easier just with 3 steps. Ensure that the vehicle is in the TPMS Learn Mode, and follow the service procedure. Hold tool against the sidewall of the tire, near the valve stem. Depress Learn button while holding the tool against the tire sidewall.
- 【SAVE TIME&MONEY】Tire pressure monitor sensor activation tool is simple and fast ,activates the individual TPM sensor with the press of one button easily within 1-2 Mins.Save your almost 20-80$,.Much better than going to the dealer or a tire store just to get your pressure sensors reset.
- 【FRIENDLY TIPS】1. When using EL50448, please make sure antenna in correct position. 2. Please make sure the 9v battery in good condition. 3.For Different vehicle EL50448 may need different times to reset all of your tire sensors after rotation. 4. 12 months guarantee, please feel free to contact us if you have any trouble during use.
- The battery is made to last up to 10 years of normal use
- Designed to communicate perfectly with your GM vehicle’s TPMS module
- Enhance the safety of your vehicle
- GM recommended replacement part for your GM vehicle’s original factory component
- Offering the quality, reliability, and durability of GM OE
- 【2022 Updated GL-50448】Equipped with a round antenna and Switch button,let Open Signal Faster and Stronger than other TPMS Relearn Tool.also More sensitive and Suitable for your fingers operation.
- WIDE VEHICLE COVERAGE】VXDAS GL-50448 works on GM (Chevy/Buick/GMC/Opel/Cadillac) equipped with Tire Pressure Monitor system (TPMS) sensor
- 【Save Time& Money】Save your almost 20-80$ and time to tire shop,Activate Easily within 1-2 Mins.when replacement tire pressure sensor, tire pressure alarm remove or exchange tires.
- 【EASY To USE】Sensitive sensor, Circuit Optimal Design, Easy to use, Activates the individual TPMS sensor with the press of one button.Ensure that the vehicle is in the relearn mode, and following the service procedure. Hold tool against the sidewall of the tire, near the valve stem. Depress press button while holding the tool against the tire sidewall.
- 【FRIENDLY TIPS】1.Make sure to hold the battery in place ,or it will not work 【if you have a Excessive Installation problem about the battery,please Press down on the battery contact】2. When using tpms relearn tool , please make sure antenna in correct position 3.9V battery should be in good condition,4.When activation of a tire is finished,sometimes the horn or flashing will feedback.
Last update on 2022-10-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.